Tuesday, September 2, 2014

#Excerpt: THE BOYS NEXT DOOR by Rosalie Lario


Excerpt:

A startled burst of laughter tumbles from my lips. I cover my mouth and turn to the small group who’s stopped right in front of us. Two pretty girls with string bikinis, a brunette and a bottle redhead, surround a guy with honey-toned skin and the most spectacular abs I’ve ever seen. My eyes get stuck there for a moment, memorizing the lines and angles of his ripped muscles. Then I notice his gray and white patterned board shorts, and it hits me where I’ve seen them before. My gaze shoots higher, and my heart gives a sickening lurch.
Dark hair, full lips, molten chocolate-brown eyes and a too-beautiful-to-be-real face.
Shit.
It’s the guy from earlier, from outside my window. 
His gaze on Cora, he says, “Cora,” in the same tone she used. Then his eyes move to me, leisurely looking me up and down, and he gives me a slow grin. “Shower Girl.”
Mortification sets in as I realize, not only is he acknowledging that horrible, embarrassing situation, but also he’s seen my naked boobs. I stifle a groan.
Jeez, kill me now. 
Cora gives a baffled look from Ben to me, but I’m frozen in place, eyes locked on him as if he’s cast a spell over me. Not even the woefully obvious jealous glares of the two girls flanking him can tear my gaze away. There’s something about him, something arrogant yet mesmerizing.
Finally, I recover enough to snap at him about his rude address. “A nice guy wouldn’t mention something like that.”
One of his thick, straight brows lifts. “Good thing I’m not a nice guy.”
He reaches his hand out for a shake and, like a mindless idiot, I take it. The moment our hands clasp, a bolt of electricity slides through my body, coalescing right between my thighs. I take a shallow, uneven breath. My body doesn’t care that this man isn’t a nice guy. It doesn’t care what he is.
Uh oh.
I didn’t come here looking for trouble, but it looks like it’s found me anyway.


***

Book & Author Details:
The Boys Next Door by Rosalie Lario
Publication date: September 1st 2014
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance

Synopsis:
Life just got a bit more complicated…

After a heartbreaking betrayal, Lexi Ferrell is determined to get far away from her small hometown. So when she scores a scholarship to a prestigious law school in Miami, she jumps at the chance to live right on South Beach. Sun, sand, and an endless stream of beautiful people: who could resist? But her apartment complex provides far more than she asked for…in the form of two yummy new neighbors.

Matt Eisler and Ben Santos are best friends. Nothing could tear them apart...or so they thought. But when Lexi enters their life, neither one can resist wanting to make her his own.

Torn between the hot surfer boy and his exotic Latino roommate, Lexi vows to stay away from them both. But as she soon discovers, Matt and Ben are impossible to resist. And they’ll take her any way they can get her…even if it’s together. Could the three of them ever make it work? Because now that she’s experienced one night of unforgettable passion, the last thing she could ever do is choose between the boys next door.


Purchase:


AUTHOR BIO:
Rosalie Lario is the award-winning, paranormal romance author of the Demons of Infernum and the Fallen Warriors series. Rosalie double majored in Anthropology and Classics as an undergraduate student, and briefly considered becoming an archaeologist before realizing they don’t actually live the life of Indiana Jones. So what was a classical geek armed with a lot of useless knowledge to do? Become a lawyer, of course!

After attending law school in Florida, she practiced real estate law for several years before finally admitting to herself that negotiating contracts wasn’t  nearly as fun as dreaming up stories. She never imagined all the mythology she studied would one day make the perfect fodder for the paranormal romance stories she now dreams up!

When not writing, she enjoys spending time with her family in their home state of Florida

Author links:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after administrator approval.