Monday, April 29, 2013

Interview with Lola James

Can you give us a brief overview of your latest book? Is it part of a series?
Bound to You is the third book in the Spellbound Series. The book picks up right where Unbound (book two) left off. Toni has a decision to make between a Greek god and a vampire and believe me that it’s not an easy choice to make both are kind of hot.

Have you ever had a minor character evolve into a major one? Did that change the direction of the novel at all?
Yes, actually Dawn was a minor character in Bound to Remember (book one) and she has turn into a major player in this book, in fact she is getting a chance to tell her story in the next book in the series.

What is your writing process? Do you listen to music or do you like silence?
Well I do both. I listen to music because the words sometimes move me. I definitely need music to write love scenes.

Do you outline your story or just go where your muse takes you?
I start out with an outline but I don’t always stick to it. I try to think outside of the box to make the story interesting so I just happen the way it does. This may sound silly but my muse depends on my mood. If I am happy the story is happy but if I am sad or stressed a war can start in the book with lots of casualties.

What have you’ve learned during your self-publishing journey?
Edit and edit a lot. I know that big six published book tend to have typos, but as a self-published author we get crucified for a bad edit jobs. So I have learned to use an editor or three in my books. It may cost more but at the end of the day the reviews that don’t mention edits get more sales.

Besides Amazon, are there any other sites where your books are for sale?
I hope everywhere. Let’s see Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, iTunes, Kobo, All Romance eBooks, Sony bookstore, and other sites that Smashword distributes too.

What kinds of marketing [twitter, Facebook, blog, forums] are you involved with for promoting your book(s)?
All of the above. I have a Facebook page that I use daily. Fans can friend me or like me. I tweet and I have a blog. I plan on getting active in some book clubs and circle on Google+ as well.

Do you find it difficult to juggle your time between marketing your current book and writing your next book?
Yes, I still strive for a happy balance.  I work full-time as well so, I have more to balance. I can look up some days and find that I have been on Facebook chatting all day with fans and friends. So I am planning to schedule times to go on Facebook/Twitter and I plan to blog more. Hopefully that will help with the juggling.

Besides writing, do you have any other passions?
Traveling is my other passion. I wish I could live somewhere different every month of the year. I could take my MacBook and just go to see the sites and write from every location. I do believe my stories would get a tad more interesting.

What’s next for you?
I plan to write my first Mystery and also a Contemporary romance both of which I hope to release later this year.

Thank you for having me! 

Bound to You (Book 3 of the Spellbound Series)

Toni’s life is just one complication after another. First, her past comes back to her, then she has to deal with a psycho, and now it’s the biggest of them all. A choice that could destroy one life and be the bright future to the other. How is a girl supposed to choose between two men that she loves? On one hand, she has the Greek god Hades, the love from her past and the other, Ben the hot Vampire nurse that she met just over a week ago. Both have captured her heart in their own individual ways but whose love is the greatest? Who does she ultimately love the most? In the end, a decision is made in Bound to you… 

 **This Book Includes Sexual Content**  


Bound to Remember, a Paranormal Romance (Book 1 of the Spellbound Series) FREE  

Unbound, a Paranormal Romance (Book 2 of the Spellbound Series) $2.99  

Bound to You (Book 3 of the Spellbound Series)

Amazon / Barnes & Noble

About Lola

Lola James 
Lola James has been reading romance novels since her teens, and fell in love with the paranormal after discovering Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles. Her love of the dark worlds of vampires and witches, as well as her fascination with Greek mythology led her to create the Spellbound Series, an ongoing Paranormal Romance combining all of the above into tales of suspense with a little bit of humor in an Urban Fantasy setting. A long time lover of reading and writing with a passion for a great story, James became discouraged by the complicated and arbitrary publishing process, James had initially set down her laptop and her hopes of being a writer. However, with the purchase of her first e-reader, James became re-energized by the new possibilities for an undiscovered author to reach the masses. Dusting off her keyboard she finally finished Bound to Remember, the first book of the Spellbound Series and self-published it. Energized and ambitious, James is now hard at work on both the Spellbound Series as well as the Fate Series, a paranormal romance about dreams and what happens if they come true. 

Follow on Facebook / Twitter / Goodreads / Website / Literary Addicts 

Follow the Tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after administrator approval.