Monday, August 23, 2010

Review - Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson

Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Sanderson's fantasy is set in a mist-haunted, ash-ridden world, and it pits Kelsier, "the Survivor of Hathsin," against the immortal Lord Ruler's 1,000-year domination of both the Great Houses and their serflike "skaa." Through Allomancy acquired in the Ruler's most hellish prison, Kelsier is able to "burn" 10 metals internally, fueling superhuman powers he uses to assemble rebels in a loose plan to destroy the nobility, the empire and the Lord Ruler himself. Kelsier uses Vin, a street urchin with the same Mistborn powers Kelsier possesses, to infiltrate the Great Houses' society, where she falls in love with philosopher prince Elend Venture.


I had high hopes for this book, but this book was much too easy to put down when I was busy [which I did often:] except for the last 150 pages. Then the pace picked up dramatically and I began to care what happened to the main characters. It's not a bad book, but not the best one I've read.  



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after administrator approval.