Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Interview with Sandra Edwards


Today, I'd like to welcome Sandra Edwards to the blog.  Thanks Sandra for stopping by.

Briefly describe your journey in writing your first book.
It all started with a song and my curiosity over what had brought the songwriter so much heartache. That curiosity planted the seeds for the first full-length novel I wrote Crazy For You.

Did you query agents or traditional publishers before publishing on Amazon?
Oh, yeah. I was told to write something more “inside the box”.

What factors influenced your decision to self-publish?
Having had bad experiences with a couple of small presses and e-publishers, self-publishing on Kindle became an attractive alternative a few months ago. From there, it ballooned out to Smashwords and Createspace to make my books available on as many platforms as possible.

Will you try to garner a traditional publishing contract for any future books?
At this point, I have no plans to seek out publication with traditional publishers.   

Did you design your cover art?  If not, would you care to share your graphic designer’s information?
So far, I’ve designed (if you can call it that) all my covers. Of course, if I’m not feeling I can adequately produce a cover for future books, I’d definitely consider seeking out a cover artist.

How did you feel when you got your first sale?  Are you pleased with sales so far?
I was ecstatic, lol. I still get all giddy every time I get a sale. And yes, I’ve very pleased with my sales figures thus far.

What kinds of social media [twitter, facebook, webpage, blog, writing forums] are you involved with trying to garner attention for your book(s)?
I’m on Facebook and twitter (although I rarely tweet). I frequent KB and MR. I try to get myself on as many guest blog-spots as possible.

Besides Amazon, are there any other sites where your books are for sale?
Smashwords and its outlets.

What’s next for you?
I’m polishing up Book Two of the Soul Searchers Series, which I expect to go live in early 2011.


   

2 comments:

  1. This looks GREAT, Sandy!!! Your books are wonderful! Best wishes for tons of sales!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Edward's story hits home, because I'm debating whether or not to return for my HS reunion. Her story evoked a lot of emotions, surprising for only a short read. I love the cover, which helped me picture the hunky hero, and the emotionally satisfying ending made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Your post will be published after administrator approval.