Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Kindle? Some great reads!

Congratulations to everyone that got a Kindle for Christmas.  I love my Kindle and read about 70% of my reading list on the ereader.  I would like to offer up a few suggestions for books to download to your shiny new Kindle.

First, of course, I will recommend my books written with my co-author, David W Small.  The first two are novels in the Rule of Otharia series and follow royal twins Darius and Dyla Telkur, both powerful in PSI abilities, as they try to navigate a political minefield all the while trying to stay one step ahead of a telekinetic assassin who has sworn to kill them.   More information and reviews for the books can be found on the OTHARIA pages at the top of the blog.  Both books are gaining traction and have received a number of excellent reviews recently.  Click on the book icon to bring you to the Amazon page.
















Path to War and The Right Path are both novelettes [10,000-12,000 words] set in a post apocalyptic world in our Dark Future Series.   Path to War is the story one general's story.  The United States has disbanded its armies and General Matthew Smith of the American Freedom Fighters tries every trick in the book including authorizing the warrior Kenzu to make memory weapons in the hopes of turning the tide in the war.  The Right Path follows teenagers Ham Jones and Zia Slate as they try to survive in a dog-eat-dog world.  The two team up to protect each other's back, but sometimes even that isn't good enough.  Their lives are further complicated when they meet a mysterious old man bearing gifts.  More information about both stories and reviews can be found in the DARK FUTURE link at the top of the page.
    















And I've heard the pleasure of reading quite a few other books this year.  You can find my reviews for these books in the sidebar.  Here's some of my favorites:


  














2 comments:

  1. Debra,
    It is good to see that Flank Hawk made it on your list of great read favorites!

    Continuing to make steady progress with the sequel--which is what I should be working on at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry,

    Yes, I really loved Flank Hawk!

    It's good to take a break from writing once in awhile. Let's you come back energized.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Your post will be published after administrator approval.