Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Review: EASY BAKE COVEN by Liz Schulte



5 of 5 stars

This is the first book I've read by this author. EASY BAKE COVEN is a engaging light-hearted story about twenty-something Selene Warren. She's a witch and with her best friends from college, who also are witches, formed their own coven. They only dabble in witch craft, nothing serious in their minds. Everything changes when a handsome brooding stranger shows up and tells Selene that she's in danger. He also tells her that she is part elf. What?

So begins the story of Selene and Cheney and their complicated relationship. I was enjoying the story when I thought she was only a witch, but throw in half-elf and you have my full attention. The author does a great job of fleshing out these two along with a delightful cast of characters. The dialogue was witty and I found myself laughing throughout the book. Each chapter revealed something new and kept me turning the pages. The twist at the end was fantastic.  It's a quick, easy and most enjoyable read. I can't wait to read the next book to find out what Selene and Cheney will be up to next. Recommended.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.


2 comments:

Your post will be published after administrator approval.