Monday, June 22, 2015

Interview with Wesley Banks, HOPE IN EVERY RAINDROP


Can you give us a brief overview of your latest book? Is it part of a series?
Hope In Every Raindrop is about a best-selling author (Katie Price) who struggles to find her next big story when she happens upon America’s rarest dog breed and the man (Kyle Walker) that raises them.

If you used a graphic designer/publisher’s designer, how involved were you during the creative process for your cover?
I ended up using 99designs.com for my cover design and it was a great experience. I still run ideas past my cover design probably every couple weeks for other graphic choices.

I was very involved, mainly because I knew exactly what I wanted the cover to look like. The difficult part was receiving over 150 designs and having to narrow it down and choose.

What is your writing process? Do you listen to music or do you like silence?
It really depends on the scene. When I’m writing a major scene (one with a lot of drama or conflict) I typically do listen to music. However, when I’m writing more technical aspects of the book (or outlining, editing, etc.) it’s usually in silence, with the exception of the window I keep open next to my desk.

Do you outline your story or just go where your muse takes you?
Both. I do an overall outline of every scene before I start writing. But once I get into the scene sometimes I can’t follow the outline because the decisions certain characters begin to make changes the course.

Did you hire an editor to review your manuscript before publishing?
Definitely. Honestly, without my editor I would be lost in my own little writing world.

Besides Amazon, are there any other sites where your books are for sale?
You can get Hope In Every Raindrop at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, GooglePlay, and Kobo.

What kinds of marketing [twitter, facebook, blog, forums] are you involved with for promoting your book(s)?
You can find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Goodreads. However, I’m most active on Facebook and Instagram.

Do you find it difficult to juggle your time between marketing your current book and writing your next book?
This is actually what I’m struggling with most right now. I completely underestimated how much time it takes to market a book.

Besides writing, do you have any other passions?
For sure. Although I don’t practice engineering anymore, I’m still a Professional Engineer, and I think that has a huge impact on my writing. I also absolutely love my dogs and going on adventures with my wife. Most recently we took an awesome 16 day trip across the US, when we moved to Oregon.

Some fun facts about you, which do you prefer – dogs or cats? Chocolate or vanilla? Coffee or Tea? Talk or Text? Day or Night?
Dogs. Chocolate (I love chocolate chip cookies!). Neither. Talk (in person) or Text (if not in person), not a huge fan of talking on the phone. I like the day better, but I’m a bit of a night owl.


Author Bio
Wesley Banks was born in 1983 and grew up on the west coast of Florida. He graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Civil Engineering.  After spending over 7 years building movable bridges from Florida to Washington he decided to focus on his true passion: writing.

Wesley recently moved from Florida to Oregon to get back to the great outdoors that he’s love so much. He lives with his wife Lindsey, and his two dogs, Linkin and Story. Most of his time these days is spent writing, with as much rock climbing, hiking, or skiing as they can fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after administrator approval.