Friday, November 15, 2013

#Excerpt: REIGN OF ICE by L.P. Dover


EXCERPT:

As my feet pounded against the sand, I could hear someone behind me, chasing me, but I didn’t slow down. I pushed harder but it didn’t matter because a set of strong hands caught my arms in an instant and whirled me around. I was not expecting it to be the man it was, the one who hadn’t cared to acknowledge me from the very beginning.
My breath came out raspy from running, but I immediately pulled out of his grasp and glared at him. “What do you want?” I hissed.
He clenched his jaw and sighed. If I was reading his gaze correctly he almost looked worried for me, but that definitely couldn’t be right … right?
“I saw you run out of the palace and I wanted to make sure you were all right. Are you leaving?” he asked.
I snorted and rolled my eyes incredulously. “Yes, I am. So if you’ll excuse me I need to saddle my horse and get the hell out of here.” I turned to walk away, making sure to keep my chin in the air with dignity after being humiliated by him on numerous occasions. I groaned when I looked over and noticed he was keeping his pace beside me.
“I’ll accompany you,” he insisted. “It’s the least I can do.”
I didn’t know what came over me, but I burst out laughing. I whirled on him and placed my hands on my hips, narrowing my eyes at him. “The least you can do?” I muttered sardonically. “I’m sorry, Prince Brayden, but the least you can do is leave me alone. I think you’ve done enough. I hate that talking to me is such an inconvenience to you.”
Brayden closed his eyes and lowered his head. He ran his hands over his face and groaned before lifting his chocolate brown gaze to mine. “Talking to you is not an inconvenience, Princess. You need to understand that this is all new to me. Your ways are very different from mine.”
That was definitely true, I thought to myself.
“That may be the case,” I snapped, “but it doesn’t give you the right to be an ass to me. You humiliated me in front of everyone in the Spring Court, and today you refused to talk to me or even look at me. I stayed with you day and night when you were injured because I wanted to. You fascinated me, and I thought there was more to you than what you let on, but I was wrong.”
Even saying those words felt wrong. My heart was warring with me to take them back, but I couldn’t. When Brayden tried to reach for my hand, I backed away and swallowed hard, shaking my head against the tears that stung behind my eyes. You cannot fall, I repeated over and over in my mind. I did not want to cry in front of him or show him any weakness whatsoever.
My gaze never faltering, I looked straight at him and said, “We’ll figure out another way to save our land. There has to be another way. I may be young, but I’m not going to put up with your bullshit, even if we are destined to be together.”


Book & Author Details:

Reign of Ice by L.P. Dover
(Forever Fae #4)
Publication date: November 15th 2013
Genres: Fantasy, New Adult, Romance

Synopsis:
Two courts to four is what needs to be … to save the land so shall we see.

The scroll has been found and now the fae know how to defeat the dark sorcerer, to end his evil existence in the Land of the Fae. However, the only thing standing in the way is the one bond that must be formed; the one that will empower all four courts together and make them invincible. Ariella and Brayden’s bond will not come easily, for Ariella is mischievous and head-strong with a heart full of love, while Brayden is strong and loyal with a heart made of ice.

What do you do when the fate of your land rests upon your shoulders because of the bond you must form to save it? How are you supposed to do that when the one man to help you fulfill the prophecy is the one who doesn’t believe in love?

With all four princesses bound together as one, will they be strong enough to save the life of Ariella, who is destined to be the one who ends it, the one who will sacrifice everything to save the people she loves? In this final installment of the Forever Fae series you will see how the bonds of love and all the sacrifices it takes to truly conquer the evil once and for all.


Purchase:


AUTHOR BIO:
I am an avid reader that loves my collection of books. Writing has always been a passion of mine and now I am glad that I get to share my passion with the world. I live in North Carolina and I absolutely love being a southern girl. I spent several years in college starting out with a major in Psychology and then switching to dental. I worked in the dental field for eight years and then decided to stay home with my two beautiful girls. I spent the beginning of my reading years reading suspense thrillers, but now I can't get away from the paranormal/fantasy books. I knew ever since then that if I wrote anything it would be in a paranormal aspect. Now that I have started on my passion and began writing, you will not see me go anywhere without a notebook and pen.

Author Links:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after administrator approval.