Monday, April 21, 2014

#Excerpt: SOMETHING TO LOSE by Tamra Lassiter



BLURB:
Everyone has something to lose.

Camden Piotrowski is justifiably upset to find her boyfriend in the arms of another woman. But it’s not the end of her world and definitely not something that a bubble bath, good wine, and cookie dough won’t help. Her pity party is interrupted when handsome Seth Vendetti bursts into her bathroom. She soon discovers that her world and those in it are not as they seem. Can she trust Seth’s version of the truth and make him realize that even he has something to lose?

Publication date: May 7, 2014


AUTHOR Bio and Links:
Tamra Lassiter lives in Northern Virginia with her supportive husband, two lovely daughters, elegant Great Dane and not-so-elegant, but very sweet, English Bulldog. She enjoys spending time with her family, reading and of course, writing.


Excerpt:
I finish and place my plate and fork on the coffee table and turn to face Joey. He’s totally into me, or seems to be, but is it enough for him to want to go for the full gusto? He leans towards me and lightly kisses me just below my right ear. The motion does absolutely nothing for me other than make me feel a little nauseous. It’s not like when Seth’s lips touch me. Thoughts of Seth make my cheeks flush. Joey must take that as a good sign because he goes for my lips next. I fight the urge to flee and try to fake enjoyment. Does it work? Can he tell?

Joey’s hands move around my neck. He pulls me closer. I pull away and look to him shyly.

“You feel it, don’t you?” he asks, a creepy smile on his face.

I smile, as if I’m embarrassed. I know my cheeks are still flushed, mostly with worry for what I’m about to do. I nod my head towards Comb-Over and Crooked Nose, who have just taken seats at the table. “Can they go somewhere?” I ask as innocently as possible. I even bat my eyelashes a couple times just for effect. Joey smiles again, this time triumphant, a knowing smile and then snaps his fingers. The men exit my apartment without saying a word

Prizes for the tour are as follows:
• One randomly chosen commenter will win a $50 Amazon/BN.com gift card.
• Two randomly chosen hosts will each receive a $25 Amazon/BN.com gift card.

Follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found here: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after administrator approval.