Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Interview with Dee DeTarsio


Tell us about All my Restless Life to Live:
I always wanted to be a soap opera writer. Even though an 8th grade career aptitude test indicated I would make an excellent farmers wife. Of course, I also wanted to marry one of my junior high crushes, Jim Flower . . . which would have made me Dee Flower! (I need to write that book someday.)

What do you find most challenging about the writing life?
Distractio . . .

Where do writing ideas come from?
I grew up in Ennui, Ohio, and only wish I had started taking notes earlier—some of the funniest people I know are from the Midwest. I think it is constant fear of tornadoes or being trapped in a snowstorm that forges a delightful melancholy of the absurd. Plus, I come from a long line of teasers where NOTHING is sacred. Teasing is some complex form of hazing required to be a member of my family. And yes, when I was a teenager, my whole family totally made fun of me and my Scoliosis back brace (a la Joan Cusack, Sixteen Candles).

Are you a TV junkie?
I don’t watch much TV at all—only when Im in the kitchen, family room, living room, bedroom, or on the treadmill. Its not like theres a TV in the bathroom or anything.

What do you do when youre not writing?
When Im not writing, Id like to say Im busy speaking (and cooking) fluent Italian, teaching yoga, and volunteering for the Peace Corps, but none of that would be true.

Read any good books recently?
I’m a Virgo, (*shakes head sadly* at the other eleven inferior signs) and I run a tight ship on my kindle. I can only manage up to five books at a time on there, despite temptations. I’m talking to you, buy-now-with-1-click button.

Side note: I am currently reading Dangerous Women, a brilliant cross-genre anthology, in hard back, borrowed from my nephew (meaning no Cheetos allowed).

Book & Author Details:
All My Restless Life to Live by Dee DeTarsio
Publication date: April 29th 2013
Genres: Adult, Romance

Synopsis:
Award-winning author Dee DeTarsio combines life’s darker side with humor and tenderness in a wonderfully charming look at love and the afterlife.

Life is a soap opera, especially for Elle Miller, who is a TV producer. (Ellen dropped the “n” in her name in hopes of finding a better ending for herself.) When her laptop crashes, she borrows her dead dad’s computer and gets way more than she bargained for.

As Elle tries to save her career with a storyline featuring a trip through Atlantis, she takes a trip to the Emmys, and finds herself in the middle of a romance between a real doctor and a hunk who just plays one on TV. Friends, family, and clues from “the other side” all help Elle figure out the difference between living the good life . . .  and living a good life.


Purchase:

AUTHOR BIO:
Dee DeTarsio is a graduate of The Ohio State University and lives in southern California with her family. She did not teach herself to read at an early age or write stories by the time she was in kindergarten. She was still wetting the bed and playing in the can cupboard.

Author links:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after administrator approval.