Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Interview with Victorine Lieske

Available at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Not-What-She-Seems-ebook/dp/B003HS5LRO

Next up I'd like to welcome Victorine Lieske.


Briefly describe your journey in writing your first book.
I wrote Not What She Seems because I had injured my back and couldn’t do anything else.  I had read all of the books in my house, and wanted to read a book full of suspense, mystery, and romance.  Since I didn’t have the right book, I wrote my own.  It was such a wonderful experience!

Did you query agents or traditional publishers before publishing on Amazon?
Yes, I sent out ten query emails.  The first response I got gave me an unexpected reaction.  I found myself looking at the unopened email and hoping the agent didn’t want to read my manuscript or represent me.  I didn’t have time to promote a book, do book signings or be under contract to write another book.

What factors influenced your decision to self-publish?
I read about how other authors were doing well by publishing their own books on the Kindle.  I decided it wouldn’t hurt to put it out there.  It was just sitting on my hard drive gathering digital dust.

Will you try to garner a traditional publishing contract for any future books?
No, I’m happy being an indie author.

Did you design your cover art?  If not, would you care to share your graphic designer’s information?
I did design my cover art.  I took graphic design classes in college, so I thought I would put it to good use.

How did you feel when you got your first sale?  Are you pleased with sales so far?
Getting my first sale was amazing.  I hadn’t had the book up for long, and I was floored that someone already had bought it.  I’ve been very pleased with sales ever since.  I’ve sold over 700 books in 3 months.  Each and every sale brings me joy.  To know that people are enjoying my story is even better.

What kinds of social media [twitter, facebook, webpage, blog, writing forums] are you involved with trying to garner attention for your book(s)?
I mostly hang around Kindleboards.com and chat with people.  I do have a website: www.victorinelieske.com, twitter: http://twitter.com/VictorineLieske, facebook: http://facebook.com/victorinelieske, and a blog: http://victorinewrites.blogspot.com.

Besides Amazon, are there any other sites where your books are for sale?
I recently went through CreateSpace to make my book available in paperback, and did get the expanded distribution.  The paperback version of my book should show up on other websites soon.

What’s next for you?
Currently I’m working on a novel called The Overtaking.  If you want to read the first chapter, it’s up on my website, at victorinelieske.com.


Thanks Victorine.  Good luck with your next book!  I’d love for you to come back again when it’s published and do another guest spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after administrator approval.