Thursday, June 17, 2010

Interview with Jason Chan

Available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003H4QWIK


Welcome Jason,



Briefly describe your journey in writing your first book.
Well, It all started one day when I got bored. I started to write a screenplay, then realized I wanted to write novels instead. So then, I tackled some novellas, but they were all horrible - horribly written and horribly cliche. So I took some time to reflect and realized that all my life, I had loved romantic epics like Titanic and the romance/innocence of Disney films, and the genius of Miyazaki. When I realized that, I wrote Lost Above the Clouds.

Did you query agents or traditional publishers before publishing on Amazon?
Yes, I did, but at that point, I did not know how to write a proper query letter, so I was ignored by all of the agents. I've since learned how to write a proper one.

What factors influenced your decision to self-publish?
Being ignored by agents....haha.

Will you try to garner a traditional publishing contract for any future books?
Yes, for sure. I will for my next novel.

Did you design your cover art? If not, would you care to share your graphic designer’s information?
No, I had my very talented photographer friend do it.

How did you feel when you got your first sale? Are you pleased with sales so far?
I was so excited. I dragged my sister, who was in the next room, to see it. I don't have a lot of sales so far, but slow and steady wins the race, right?

What kinds of social media [twitter, facebook, webpage, blog, writing forums] are you involved with trying to garner attention for your book(s)?
Well, I'm on twitter and facebook. I also have a blog: http://jasonwchan1.blogspot.com/

Besides Amazon, are there any other sites where your books are for sale?
Yes, Lulu, and I'm looking into a few others.

What’s next for you?
I'm working on a novel right now. It's, of course, in the Disney tradition. It's a ghost story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after administrator approval.