Saturday, May 25, 2019

FREE with Kindle Unlimited: LOVE BY DECEPTION by Debra Elizabeth



NEW AND UPDATED CONTENT

Isabel Knott learns the father she never knew has left her a sizeable dowry. The news comes with one restriction--she can never reveal his name. During her first Season, Isabel falls madly in love with Colby Tisbury, but she's afraid his father, Viscount Tisbury, will never accept her as his daughter-in-law because of her lack of connections.

Colby Tisbury must marry, and soon. If he doesn't find a bride before the end of the Season, his father will supply one. When Colby meets sassy Isabel Knott, everything changes--but can he go against his father's wishes and marry a girl utterly lacking in family and connections? 

Isabel is forced to make an impossible choice - reveal her secret identity and bring shame to her true father or lose Colby forever.

LOVE BY DECEPTION is a novel (~200 pages).
 
Amazon buy link:
 http://www.amazon.com/Love-Deception-Age-Innocence-ebook/dp/B00G4DSLYO/ref=twoen-20

Excerpt:

“I’m glad to see the color back in your cheeks,” Isabel said as she helped Georgette pin her light brown hair in a stylish bun at the nape of her neck.
“I have you to thank for watching over me. Without your loving attention to my health, I fear this last fever might have taken me.”
“Mrs. Mullins helped sending up savory broth that tempted you to eat again.”
Georgette nodded. “I am very grateful for Mrs. Mullins and that she has stayed on in the household. I know my father’s behavior can be quite trying at times.”
Isabel put the brush down on the dressing table. “Your father is unlikely to change anytime soon, but you must have a care for your health as well. I cannot imagine my life without you.”
Georgette patted Isabel’s hand. “I know, dearest. I feel the same, but we mustn’t overlook the fact that my health has been frail since I was a child. You must be prepared if something were to happen to me.”
“Nonsense, nothing will happen to you. I won’t let it.”
Georgette smiled. “Of course you won’t. I have absolute faith in your nursing skills.”
Isabel offered Georgette her arm for support. “Come; let’s go downstairs for dinner. I dare say your father may be awake soon and will join us in the dining room this evening.”
“That will be nice. I haven’t seen him awake in more than a week. When I’m downstairs, he’s asleep and when he’s awake, I’m upstairs in my chamber. It makes me sad to see him stumble around so deep in his cups, but he wasn’t always like this. Do you remember when he told lively stories of his time living in London during dinner?”
Isabel nodded. “I remember, but I fear the Mr. Condiff of old will not make a reappearance anytime soon. I wish there was something more I could do for him.”
“Isabel, you mustn’t worry about Father. He has stopped listening to reason a long time ago. The only thing we can do now is enjoy the moments when he is lucid.”
The two young women made their way downstairs and into the dining room. Once Georgette was seated comfortably at the table, Isabel went into the parlor to see if Mr. Condiff was awake. She found him in his chair, but he was not sleeping. His skin had taken on a gray pallor and her worst nightmare had come true.
“Georgette! Come quickly,” she cried out.
When Georgette ran into the parlor, tears were streaming down Isabel’s face. “What’s the matter? Why did you cry out?”
Isabel looked at her beloved cousin. “I’m so very sorry. Your father is dead.”


**************************


Reviewers Comments:
"If you enjoy historical romance, or have ever dreamed of a Season in London, don't miss this lovely story."
"There is a shocker or two in store when it comes to Isabel. Twists in the story that I never saw coming. Another fun read and great follow-up to its predecessor"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after administrator approval.