Thursday, October 18, 2012

Character Interview with Julian de Laurent from THE MARRIAGE BARGAIN

 
Today’s post is with best-selling author, SANDRA EDWARDS. Welcome Sandra. The floor is yours.

First, I’d like to thank Debra at Two Ends of the Pen for the guest post spot. Today, I’m going to interview Julian de Laurent. He’s the hero of my contemporary romance The Marriage Bargain.

So, here we go....

SANDRA: Julian, thanks for dropping by. Can you share a bit of your background with us?
Julian: Sure. I’m the firstborn child of Maurice and Naoma de Laurent. My mother died when I was five, and I’ve been groomed since birth to take control of the family business. I have a younger brother Andre, and a younger sister Lecie.

SANDRA: Sounds like a lot to place on one person’s shoulders.
Julian: Oh, I’m used to that. But my father can be a handful at times.

SANDRA: Is he not yet ready to fully turn over the reins?
Julian: No, he’s quite happy in his retirement. It gives him plenty of time to interject himself in other people’s affairs.

SANDRA: Sounds like he needs a hobby.
Julian: I’m afraid he has one. Me.

SANDRA: Care to elaborate?
Julian: He wants me to get married!

SANDRA: Are you seeing anyone who’d fit the bill?
Julian: Oh, he’s got someone definite in mind, but I’m not interested in getting married. At least, not for real.

SANDRA: Is there any other way?
Julian: You’d be surprised.

SANDRA: Will your father get his wish?
Julian: Not if I can help it.

SANDRA: From what I’ve heard about your father, he’s not going to rest until he has you married.
Julian: I’m one step ahead of him.

SANDRA: How so?
Julian: He wants me to marry Madeleine, but I’m going to make that an impossibility.

SANDRA: Intriguing. You’re not going to kill her, are you?
Julian: No. (he mocks me) I’m not going to kill her.

SANDRA: Well, there aren’t many ways to make getting married an impossibility.
Julian: It’s kind of hard to get married if you’re already married, now isn’t it?

SANDRA: But you’re not married.
Julian: (laughs) not yet.

SANDRA: You’re going to marry someone else so you can avoid marrying Madeleine?
Julian: That is the plan.

SANDRA: How is that going to solve anything?
Julian: I’m going to hire someone to marry me temporarily.

SANDRA: Are you sure that’s a good idea?
Julian: It’s better than getting married for real.

SANDRA: Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans. I hope you know what you’re doing.
Julian: Don’t worry, I’ve got it all figured out.

SANDRA: If anybody can pull this off, it’ll be you.
Julian: You know it. Hey, look, this has been fun, but I’ve got to get going.

SANDRA: Where are you off to in such a hurry?
Julian: America. I’m going to find me a bride!
###

Thanks Sandra for a great interview with Julian. Please feel free to drop by the blog anytime.

I’ve read the book and it was delightful. You can read my review here. Want to know more about The Marriage Bargain? Check out the generous excerpt at Sandra’s website  www.sandrawrites.com


         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after administrator approval.